Acapulco Mission Trip
July 30, 2016 to August 6, 2016
Where: Acapulco, Mexico – Casa Hogar
When: Saturday, July 30 – Saturday, August 6
Cost: About $1400 per person plus passport fee if needed. $100 per person non-refundable deposit due in March reserves spot on first-come, first-serve basis.
Travel: Fly into Acapulco, Mexico and stay at the Casa Hogar orphanage.
Housing & Meals: We will stay in team housing at Casa Hogar.
Type of Work: VBS program for the children, as well as painting and other light work around the compound.
• Weather will be hot & muggy.
• Sightseeing – We will have a day off for sightseeing, but the options change yearly.
• UPC sent a group of 20 to Casa Hogar in August of 2014 and a group of 10 in 2015.
• Kids under 14 must be accompanied by a parent.
• Attendance at mission trip meetings is mandatory. We will hold 6-8 meetings to prepare us spiritually for the trip as well as plan for the various projects we will be working on while in Mexico.
• Passports are required for travel.
• Hepatitis A vaccine is recommended for all travelers. (but not required)
• Tetanus/diphtheria in the last 10 years
• Talk with your doctor about your specific medical needs as other immunizations may be recommended on an individual basis.
• We will assist you in writing support letters.
• Parents & adults are encouraged to organize fundraisers to offset costs.
Download Application Here
Download Packing List Here